Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thank You Is Not Enough


Please take a moment to look at the picture below.  Really take a good look.  Meditate on it a moment.


I ran across this image on Pinterest today and I was overcome with emotion.  It made me stop in my tracks.  I owe this American so much.  She serves our country, guards our freedom, and does this away from her child.  I’m not a mom (unless you count my pets, which I do), so I cannot IMAGINE what it must be like for her to be separated from her child (and the rest of her family for that matter) for months at a time.

The picture that has inspired today’s post is a representation of America’s finest and bravest.  Every single one of our soldiers is special to someone, whether it be a son or daughter, husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother.  Not only do our military members serve our great nation, but so do their families.  While they may not be on the front lines, these family members may actually have a harder job.  They have to sit at home and wait.  And wonder…hope and pray…worry and ponder.  I cannot imagine what it must be like to have that knot of anxiety in the pit of one’s stomach, for months at a time until their loved one is home safe again.

To our brave men and women in our armed services, I thank you for your service.  I thank you for your willingness and selflessness to protect my freedom with your life.  While we sit at home and whine and cry about the economy, politicians, or whose fault it is, you silently stand your post.  I can never repay you.  You are a patriot in EVERY sense of the word.

To the families, I thank you for supporting your soldier.  I thank you for sharing them with our nation and allowing them to protect our freedoms.  I can continue to formulate eloquent ways to thank you all night long…but somehow “thank you” just doesn’t seem to be enough.

Until Tomorrow
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment