Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Victorian Fashion Eye Candy

I have been told by more than one person I may have been born in the wrong century. As you know, I LOVE antiques, especially from the Victorian Period (1837-1901, when queen Victoria ruled England).  I also love the formal and grand look of the Victorian Dress.  While I am glad we no longer dress like this everyday (Have you ever tried to pick something off the floor in a corset? Trust me, not fun), I do think it's fun to play dress up from time to time.

Today I am going to share with you, what I call Victorian Fashion Eye Candy. Enjoy!

Corseted Dress 1885 The Metropolitan Museum of Art 
c. 1868
c 1881 The Met
Late 1870's day dress
Silk Ball Gown c 1868
1867

And finally, here is one of me.  How did I do?  I would love to say that I made this outfit, but sadly it was purchased.

Until Tomorrow - Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, awesome dresses! Maybe it's because I've been watching Jane By Design, but I could see incorporating that style into modern clothing. Especially the black dress!

    Loving the outfit on you. The hat with the veil is so cool. :)

    ReplyDelete