Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

My First Time...

What can I say?  I'm a blog virgin.  I've never done this before.  So, please forgive me if I don't quite know what I'm doing.  I'm an Artisian Jeweler.  What does this mean?  I create jewelry using traditional and non-traditional materials.  Think of it as art you can wear.

The other day my husband suggested that I start a blog.  I replied "who would ever want to read about me"?  My next question was, what would I write about?  I'm not just a jeweler.  I love antiques.  LOVE to the point of obsession.  I have furry children (5 cats, 4 dogs, my husband and I have sucker for strays on our foreheads).  The cats like to use me as a climbing frame.  Nina just jumped on me for the third time.  Do you have any idea how hard it is to write a blog with a cat standing on your chest?  I believe she is just trying to help...or suffocate me...jury is still out on that one.

I love crafts.  I love knitting and crocheting.  I've made candles in the past.  Hobby Lobby is one of my best friends (as long as I have a 40% off coupon in hand, of course).  I love to push my creative side.  I love to take items that may not have been much, but with a little of this and a little of that, wa-la! You have a masterpiece. I love find the diamond in the rough. I can see potential (even when others think I'm off my nut).

So what is this blog about?  Me.  What you get today might not be the same as tomorrow.  I hope you enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment