Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Snap, Crackle, Pop


Snap, Crackle, Pop.  I’d love to tell you that is what I heard this morning as I poured the milk on my cereal (mmmmm….rice crispy treats.  Maybe a project for later?).  My cereal is not where these sounds are coming from.  It’s my joints.

It’s in my hands, my arms, my knees, my feet.  I thought you had to get old before you heard such sounds coming from your body.  I’m in my early thirties.  I’m not old.  If 60 is the new 40, I must be a teenie bopper.  I sure don’t feel like one today.

When did this happen?  It seems like yesterday that I was in high school.  Then I actually give it some thought and I realize that was 15 years ago.  No wonder most of my friends on Facebook have kids.  Has it really been that long?  This makes the snap, crackle, pop seem more reasonable (but I adamantly refuse to acknowledge it might be because I’m getting old.)

They say time flies when you're having fun.  I must be having a blast because I couldn't believe that next week is Thanksgiving already.  Where did 2011 go?  Does time go buy as you get older?  It sure must.  I need to figure out what to make for Thanksgiving and quick.  If I don't act soon, all the store shelves will be bare and I will end up with a dented can of cranberry sauce and a box of Twinkies from the corner gas station.
Snap, crackle, pop.  Upon further examination, I'm glad my body us letting me know time is going by.  I think it is my body's way of saying Hey!  You'd better pay attention!  You need to take time and smell the roses once in awhile.  Life is blowing by you while you weren't paying attention.  Sometime, we all need wake up calls.

Have a good Friday everyone.  Now where did I put that Bengay?

No comments:

Post a Comment